However, 2014 is the year I am going to get myself organised, in every sense.
- I already am a big list maker, and I live by to-do lists, but this year I'm going to sort out how I keep them. at the moment I keep them all on scrap pieces of paper and on random notes on my phone, but I'm going to try and keep them all in one notebook, or on a to-do list app so I know exactly what I have to do and what I have completed. No more hunting for my lists!
- I've also only recently learned how to make a calendar sync on my phone, laptop and tablet, so now I'll be able to have the same information on everything, and I won't have to keep checking my updates. Brilliant!
- Last August I was in TK Maxx with mum, and I spotted something I have wanted for ages, well reduced. A beautiful Orange Filofax. As a self-confessed stationery addict, and someone who loves Colour, it was right up my street. Plus it will only aid my resolution to get organised.
- I want to get myself into a good daily routine. With university timetables, and a Part-time job where I work random shifts, it can be easy to have lots of late nights and early mornings and not leave a lot of time to get stuff done outside of these hours. I also Procrastinate. A LOT. I want to set myself a waking up time so I will get up at the same time everyday, and try and make sure I get enough sleep!
- My room is in severe need of sorting out. There is no system to where I store or keep things, so getting ready is often a massive stress! I like these clear makeup storage sets because they look good and sleek, while still serving their purpose. My interior design board on Pinterest is filling up nicely.
- Currently still living between Ireland and Sunderland means I have lots of clothes I have abandoned and no longer wear, I'm going to have a wardrobe clear out and sell it all on ebay. This also means I'll have that extra bit of money to save.
- Saving is something else I want to get serious about. I have bought one of those money tins which you can only open with a tin opener so I won't be able to dip in and out of my savings when I need something extra. If I can't justify it, I won't buy it!
- My poor little blog has been abandoned with all the other commitments I have, so I want to spend my free days writing up several post and scheduling them, and I want to properly commit time to making this blog amazing. My first step has been looking at books on blogging to download to my kindle once my loan comes in, I'm looking forward to this step and I can't wait to make this work.
I am coming to the end of my university life, and I'm applying for jobs and trying to plan out what I'm going to do when I finish. I know that getting organised now is really going to help me in the long run when I am (Hopefully!) working.
What are your New Years Resolutions? Happy 2014 to all of you!