about tab Find me outfits tab 2 Reviews wishlists

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Golden Globes Fashion


After watching the Golden globes last night, I was lusting after many of the dresses, and many of the men of course. (Hello, Adam Levine, and George Clooney!)

HIT - Salma Hayek: Wow. The beading on this Gucci dress is fabulous, and she proves you need a good cleavage to pull off strapless. Love the loose hair
Salma Hayek in Gucci.
I love this Gucci Dress, and totally wish I could carry it off myself! the beading is so stunning, and yet the dress seems simple as she didnt overdo on the accessories. shes also giving me serious hair envy! 

HIT - Reese Witherspoon: In fire-engine red Zac Posen, she looks just gorgeous, but needs a push-up bra or someone to feed her that other great Italian export apart from fashion: pasta
Reese Witherspoon in Zac Posen
Reese looks stunning, as she always does. I love the sheer simplicity of the dress, and just the diamond cuff accessory. the red sets off her skin tone and blonde hair amazingly.

MISS - Michelle Williams: Made the mistake of many of the young stars and dressed way beyond her years. The Jason Wu purple gown is not only dowdy, it¿s leopard print ¿ SO last season
Michelle Williams in Jason Wu
No roundup of beautifully dressed people would be complete without Michelle. she is so elegantly beautiful, and this dress is so demure. absolutely stunning.

I found it impossible to decide between my two favourite dresses however, and so they get joint honours.

WORST: ZOOEY DESCHANEL - Unfortunately, quirky doesn't always mean chic, as exemplified by the 'New Girl' star's custom Prada, black gown covered in emerald green glass pearls.
Zooey Deschanel in Prada
I shouldnt like this dress because its everything I usually hate, but I love it, and I think Zooey carries it off incredibly! I'm not sure how I feel about her hair though. i think theres too much fringe for her face.

Helen Mirren
Helen Mirren in Badgely Mischka
I think this dress is amazing, and helen mirren looks fantastic in it. If i still manage to look this good at her age I will be happy. she has picked a dress that flatters her in every way possible. That silver waistband is a gorgeous accent on the dress as well. 

However, my absolute worst dress of the night has to be:
My overall winner: Angelina Jolie at last found her fashion feet in a white, one-shouldered silk Atelier Versace gown teamed with white Versace shoes. I love the matching bag and lips, and the upswept hair. Simply stunning. HIT
Angelina Jolie in Versace.
This red and white versace dress is absolutely Hideous, and I feel it does nothing for her. Shes far too pale to wear white, and I really dont like the Slit at the leg. Definitely the worst for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment